[Ovmsdev] Fwd: Re: App for Windows Phone?

Christopher Cook christopher.cook at webprofusion.com
Thu Jun 4 11:36:16 HKT 2015

I've thought about this before but not being an OVMS user means I just
don't have the motivation (sorry!)

A long term cross platform solution would be to develop using Xamarin
then much of the (C#) code could be shared across platforms. A basic
shared UI can be done using Xamarin Forms but the tricky part of an OVMS
app isn't really the UI, it's the server comms/decoding/encoding.

Another alternative is allow an HTML UI for the app (as we use for Open
Charge Map) which would require a native Cordova plugin for each
supported platform to do the low level comms/translation. The plugin
would expose a high level api to the app to pass in/out JSON objects
that the javascript based app can then use.

Alternatively a full HTTP or Websockets based server API that any app
can use would remove the need for a native component (standard
javascript can't talk to normal sockets).

Chris

On 02/06/2015 14:35, Jille Berends wrote:
> According to the news, MS is working on a way to get Android apps
> running on Windows mobile:
> http://www.techtimes.com/articles/49681/20150502/android-apps-coming-windows-phones-will-help-resurrect-microsofts-mobile.htm

> <mailto:mark at webb-johnson.net>>:
>
>     Not that I know of.
>
>     Regards, Mark.
>
>     > On 28 May, 2015, at 1:53 am, Michael Jochum <mikeljo at me.com
>     <mailto:mikeljo at me.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > i have an inquire: is there is an OVMS App for WP8?
>     >
>     > Not for me, i use iPhone ;-) But i know there is something
>     others outside :-)
>     >
>     >
>     > Bye