[Ovmsdev] Registered phone / password security issue

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Wed Jul 22 08:39:45 HKT 2015

Hi Michael,

Have you confirmed the security problem? I've had time when the EEPROM got
zeroed out and I couldn't access the module via SMS at all. I had to
reflash with a valid EEPROM image in order to re-register my cell number.

I'm pretty careful not to share my OVMS phone number with anyone. If
someone unfriendly had it, they could send it a bunch of SMS messages each
of which costs me a penny. Do that 1,000 times, and they've disabled my
box until I refill my H2O account.

   Tom