[Ovmsdev] OVMS as Antithft/Alarm system

Gianluca Magalotti gianluca at magalotti.net
Fri Feb 6 17:45:46 HKT 2015

Yes,
I think the app side problem can be resolved by means of a background
behavior (i don't know ios architecture but I've found an article here:
http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/IOS_7_Multitasking,_Background_Transfer_Service_and_Fetching
stating that an ios app can have a background behavior. See remote
notifications, i think it fits).
For the privacy concerns, maybe would be easy to collect responses
(every app would send a go/nogo instead of their position) but this
would be a two way communications (every app send the go/nogo) and one
of them will send the "stop" to the car if all of the responses are "nogo".

1) When the car is starting a notification will "wake" the app (or
activate a background behavior). The app then fetch the car position and
the device position, thus making the decision (go/nogo).
2) The app send the results to the server
3) The server prepare a global response (Boolean OR of all the responses)
4) The server, after a predetermined amount of time (timeout) or when
all party members have sent the response or at the first GO response,
send a notification "Global GO/NOGO"
4) The app get the global response and eventually ask the car to stop

Would it work?

Ciao

G.