[Ovmsdev] OVMS v2 stock / OVMS v3

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Wed Aug 12 03:45:05 HKT 2015

Michael,

Le 11/08/2015 21:32, Michael Balzer a écrit :
> The module needs the "CE" approval:

Oh, that approval… You're perfectly right, I forgot France has a lazy
customs department that let modules through quite easily.

> I'm with you regarding privacy, but a simple use count by vehicle type
> does not disclose any user data.

Well, as much as I'd like to point out the flaws and limits in
car-manufacturers connected apps and services, mostly regarding their
customers' data, I'm really reluctent about any public disclosure of our
user-base count.

It's not that I'm afraid it could reveal personnal informations (this
would be unacceptable, therefore unlikely), rather that I'm concerned
our shitty governement (yeah, still talking about the french oligarchy)
hearing of it some way, and using it as a distraction instead of
focusing on real issues, like they always do.

So, in a way, I'd agree to a non-public disclosure within users and
devs, not on a public mailing-list.

I hope we could find a middleground here, because I'd be interested in
the numbers, but I'd really not like to see it on a frontpage just yet.

Best regards,

--
Jérôme Nicolle