[Ovmsdev] OVMS v2 stock / OVMS v3

Julien (JaXX) Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Wed Aug 26 16:21:59 HKT 2015

I agree,

The unit has to be simple (actually i would have seen something modular,
with optionnal means of comms, but it would be a pain on the SW side I
suppose)
Even a simple console port could do... or ethernet (being a network guy,
not liking wifi latency) and an MQTT stack :-)

[ question: will each means of communication be disable-able ? the Twizy
has a cr*ppy service battery, the actual v2 eats it up in less than a
week in the best case, killing the car literally if you're away from a
plug, there is nearly no need for a continuosly powered GSM/GPS when the
car isn't moving, or barely a status update on a regular basis or on
events ]

JaXX./.