[Ovmsdev] OVMS v2 stock / OVMS v3

Julien Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Wed Aug 12 04:11:26 HKT 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Jérôme Nicolle <jerome at ceriz.fr> wrote:

> At least one of my fellow french twizy user will join.

Here's the fellow french :-)

I am too waiting for a great evolution of the OVMS platform. From the
sources, and the number of options to kick to cut functions off, yeah, I
can see Michael strugling to have things fit. And I do join early remarks
about the UDOO Neo (woot! individually powered cores!) and MBED OS, having
it broke down into smaller, modular boards can make the purchase curve a
bit less steep, and might leverage the CE marking issue buy having pre
CE'ed parts/shields put together at will and need... (drilling down to a
handful of "tested and working" parts, don't want get into a windows-like
driver headache neither)
Yes, you might miss the original sole of the project by not having a
complete board designed, but isn't the software the sole nowadays? (and the
board(s) the vessel?)

I don't know, just throwing in some thoughts,

JaXX./.