[Ovmsdev] OVMS v2 stock / OVMS v3

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed Aug 12 03:32:43 HKT 2015

Jérôme,

Am 11.08.2015 um 21:06 schrieb Jérôme Nicolle:
> What kind of aproval are you looking for ? It's a homebrew /
> self-implemented device, and per EU laws, you shall dispose of your
> goods as you'd like unless interfering with safety regulations (or,
> obviously, broader laws).

The module needs the "CE" approval:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquage_CE

Without the "CE" sign, no module may be sold officially inside the EU
countries. The german customs department has rejected the OVMS module
import for private use as well in some cases, if the recipient failed to
declare it as an experimental development board.

So there is no potential commercial use or deployment case for the OVMS
in the EU without the "CE" sign.

> Not sure it's a good idea to publish data coming from this server.
> Please consider debating a policy regarding user data on OVMS servers,
> it could save us a lot of trouble. I personally am against any use or
> publication of any user identifiable data, and even statistics could
> be used against us by regulator's jerks, as they could imply real use
> instead of pure amusement.

I'm with you regarding privacy, but a simple use count by vehicle type
does not disclose any user data.