[Ovmsdev] Open Vehicles for Android GUI

Jille Berends jjberends at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 07:18:35 HKT 2015

I've been messing around with the main user interface for some time now,
especially since the last few updates added some more information to the
application itself. Personally, I think it's best when the interface is
balanced and consistent. I opted for a full material-style redesign in the
past, but I guess that's still a bridge too far (mockup of such a  design:
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/8352494/6771294/cca57a1c-d0db-11e4-95f3-2662e06ae919.jpg)
. So far I've updated the connector (already released), and now I'm working
on the data representation.

See the included screenshot. There is a lot of room for other data, like
for instance current ACC status, or maybe even a small voltage history
graph, temperatures, or something like that.

Ideas are welcome, even if they sounds like  "keep it the way it was
because I hate change" ;-)