[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3

Collin Kidder collink at kkmfg.com
Thu Oct 16 21:47:49 HKT 2014

Yes, it seems like it is always a pain to find exactly what you want.
That's actually why the GEVCU hardware is custom made. We didn't find
anything we really liked either. But, the good news is that you do have
options. The MBED system you were looking at is very nice. We have the
GEVCU hardware. I don't see any reason that you could not retrofit
something from either of them. Yes, the cost of the GEVCU hardware is
expensive but the design is open. You can make modifications and then build
them in China as cheaply as possible. The version 6 design of GEVCU should
have the capability of bluetooth and wifi as well as an SDCard. There are
lots of great MBED designs you could modify as well. So, options exist.
But, unfortunately you might be stuck building your own hardware to fit
your needs. I'm just not sure that anything exists that matches your needs
closely enough.

-Collin