[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3

Lee Howard lee.howard at mainpine.com
Wed Oct 1 23:20:58 HKT 2014

On 10/01/2014 06:36 AM, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> In general, I think we’ll be ok so long as we treat power consumption
> as a priority and do everything we can to allow it to be reduced in
> the fundamental design. My guess is that in our lowest power mode,
> when car is not charging and not driving and peripherals can be put in
> low power mode, we’ll be in the 10s of mA (rather than 100s of mA).

I am happy with this perspective, and I would encourage power
consumption to remain a high priority.

For what it's worth, I have an OVMS v2 module on an ICE car (my wife's)
which sat garaged for 3 weeks between semesters at her college. The OVMS
module had completely drained the 12V battery after about two weeks.
Obviously I should have thought about that beforehand and disconnected
the OVMS module, but I think the module hardware should do better than that.

Thanks,

Lee.

--
*Lee Howard*
*Mainpine, Inc. Chief Technology Officer*