[Ovmsdev] Tesla Model S

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Nov 11 09:39:18 HKT 2014

Bruce,

I think the issue is that the Tesla App is pretty good, and comes free with the car. There has even been reverse-engineering of the cloud API, and people have written their own Apps. Given that, there seems little incentive to develop an alternative telemetry system.

What concerns me is that Tesla still hasn't opened this up, and their recent migration to OAUTH authentication means that the community Apps need to use the security keys extracted from the binaries of Tesla's own Apps. Not very conducive for long-term stability. There is also the case of missing information (such as TPMS individual wheel pressures and temperatures).

Bottom line: if someone wants to work on it, I'll support them. But, I can't do it myself (just too many projects going on already).

Regards, Mark.