[Ovmsdev] Apple PUSH Notifications

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu May 15 09:00:35 HKT 2014

I've been told (and co-discovered) that the PUSH notifications (APNS) on iOS don't seem to be working for everyone since iOS 7.

I finally managed to track down the problem last night - it seems to be related to the way the simulator / device is detected in the latest versions of XCode, so the App is thinking it is running on the simulator (which doesn't support APNS, and notifications are not enabled).

I fixed it, but now it seems a bunch of other things are broken when building for iOS 7 in the current version of XCode (such as screen layout, features and parameters, amongst others). So, it is not trivial but I am working on it. Hope to have a testflightapp release within the next few days.

In the meantime, if you rely on these notifications and are experiencing the problem, I suggest enabling SMS as a backup.