[Ovmsdev] Open Charge Map

J-C Saint-Pô jcsaintpo at gmail.com
Fri May 30 05:06:32 HKT 2014

Well guys, I've been spamming chargingnetworks again with e-mails the last
2-3 weeks
To the detriment of christopher's e-mail too
christopher.cook at webprofusion.com
I am slowly guessing that gmail adresses are blocked in many company's,
because answers are very scarce!

So I think the best thing for you guys is if you want a certain network to
be added to openchargemap, you try, and warn christopher,

I try to add stations, via info I find or get on internet.  Without
infringing copyright of other chargingstationmaps.
It's slow, but I do my best

Openchargemap will only grow, and get more accurate the more users, use it!
This is why opendata & interconnection between open databases will be the
future!
The more uses for the database the better!

> Tom,
>
> To be clear: I was only suggesting geofencing at the server
> per-user-per-chargestation level, to determine the user's preference for
> sharing information at this particular station. For the data published, I'd
> rather just send out raw GPS coordinates of the event (with OCM station ID
> as an optional field, if confirmed by the user).
>
> Regards, Mark.
>
> On 24 May, 2014, at 5:06 am, Tom Saxton <tom at idleloop.com> wrote:
>
> I expect that grouping by geofencing will be helpful, but there will be
> problems, so I think it's important to retain the original
> longitude/latitude coordinates.
>
> Consider Bellevue Square (700 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA 98004). There
> are five separate charging sites all within a 300 meter radius circle and
> all in covered parking garages so GPS coordinates will be spotty at best
> (probably a reading from before the vehicle entered the garage). Two of the
> sites are 5 feet apart and yet so different they should be treated
> separately (four 208V/30A public ChargePoint stations and a Tesla-only area
> with one each Model S and Roadster 208V/70A HPWC). None of the maps I
> checked (OCM, PlugShare, ChargePoint, US DOE) has it right even if we allow
> lumping the Tesla stations and ChargePoint stations together.
>
> For example, in OCM the pin for OCM-4350 is in the wrong place by about
> 100m (and is marked as private restricted access). OCM-4310 is in the right
> place for a nearby site, correctly marked as public, but only reports 2
> stations when there are four. OCM-4311 looks like a duplicate of OCM-4310
> but is in the wrong place by about 50 m and says it's private restricted
> access. I could be charging at OCM-4350 and even if I had perfect GPS
> coordinates by some miracle, I'd be closer to the arguably bogus OCM-4311
> location. Any attempt to map from the OCM site record to another vendor's
> site database will definitely fail.
>
> So I vote for not geofencing; let the charge map folks do that (perhaps
> with help from the OVMS app user). It would be great to have a way to map
> each report to a charge site ID as long as that's flexible enough to allow
> IDs from multiple map vendors. If I'm using OCM, I'd want to map to an OCM
> site ID. If I'm using another map, I want to be able to associate my report
> with their ID.
>
> I'm really looking forward to having a charging station map that will let
> me find, and report status on, high-amp L2 stations.
>
> BTW, it looks like OCM needs to grab the stations from the Sun Country
> Highway network. I have a Perl script that will do it which I'm happy to
> share.
>
>    Tom
>
> On 5/23/14, 1:23 AM, "Mark Webb-Johnson" <mark at webb-johnson.net> wrote:
>

> I think there is a difference between the charging database (locations)
> and events (charge start/stop by a particular user at a particular time).

> [...]

http://home.scarlet.be/jcsaintpo

Get a warning of every update on my site:
http://jcsaintpo.notifylist.com/jc_site.html

My msn space:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/jcstp/