[Ovmsdev] Leaf canbus

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed May 7 08:48:44 HKT 2014

Tom,

In general, I think it best to keep the original meaning of the standardised messages and values. So, 'ideal' range is some standardised measure of ideal range (based on EPA or whatever the manufacturer suggests) and 'estimated' range is based on prior driving habits (or some more realistic estimate).

For per-vehicle custom information (such as GIDs), I've been meaning to add something to allow that for some time. It is actually fairly simple - include a callback hook in the vehicle.{h,c} functions to allow the vehicle to output vehicle-specific custom data. I've been thinking we can use protocol messages '0' through '9' for this custom information, so it gets through to the Apps. The apps themselves can use a custom tab to display this in a vehicle-specific manner.

Regards, Mark.