[Ovmsdev] Just up and running with OVMS (leaf)

Nigel Jones nigel at cherrybyte.me.uk
Sat May 3 22:25:47 HKT 2014

Hi,
 Just a quick update. As of yesterday all my hardware arrived so I spent an
hour or two this morning setting up OVMS

 I have the toolchain sorted, and was able to build the v2 experimental fw
from source. This incldues a definition of OVMS_CAR_NISSANLEAF so should
load the leaf prototype module

 The firmware also flashed fine though I had to use the standalone flash
tool rather than the IDE for this step as I couldn't find the option to
provide 5V from the programmer? Never mind....

 Once flashed I was able to go through updatign password, registering,.
including on openvehicles website. I can chat via SMS, and can see the car
in the android app. I can get GPS data and check firmware revision.

Great.

I did though when configuring specify a vehicle type of "LE"

+44NNNNNNNNNN:Module:
VehicleID:XXX
VehicleType:LE
Units:K
Notifications:SMSIP 9:36 AM
Me:MODULE XXX K SMSIP LE 9:36 AM

I then updated this by replacing the correct "NL" for LE, but now I just
get back:

VehicleID:JN1FAAZE0U0005853
VehicleType:
Units:K
Notifications:SMSIP

NO idea why vehicle type is NULL. I tried a reset. I was thinking I may
reset the config completely, but have I done anything obviously wrong? Is
it possible to change vehicle type once set?

Very early stages of learning... with the intent of course to refine the
leaf support :-)

Nigel.
----
Nigel Jones