[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3

Marcos Mezo mmezo at selexco.net
Sat Jun 21 04:59:11 HKT 2014

Hello everyone,

no really knowing at all about all this, but... Have you heard about the
Raspberry Compute Module?

It's basically the Raspberry A on a module + 4Gb Flash. I think it's
design is open and the page says it will sell for about 30$ in batches
of 100, a bit more for individual purchases. It has internal 4Gb Flash
and 512Mb RAM and a 32bit CPU ). All the gpios and everything else are
routed to a SODIMM connector.

I've read in the product documentation [2] that internally, the broadcom
chip does not power at all it's different parts or modules unless they
are beeing used, so if no 3D is used this part of the chip is not
powered and draining any power...

Theres is still no CAN or Wifi or bluetooth, but maybe that could be in
the "mainboard". There could even be different mainboards with/without
Wifi or 3g...

Just my 2c in case it can be useful.

[1] http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-compute-module-new-product/
[2]