[Ovmsdev] OVMS HTTP Protocol

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Fri Jun 13 00:35:47 HKT 2014

I agree that moving to OATH for the HTTP protocol would be great, but we
could make a huge improvement in security by simply switching to using HTTPS
on tmc.openvehicles.com. I just did that for a site I built and administer,
it was easy and inexpensive, $50 per year. For my PHP site, it was all just
server config stuff and totally invisible to the code.

Two small improvements I'd be happy to work on when Mark is done with his
work:

1. Use POST instead of GET to log in so URLs with usernames and passwords
don't get stored in local and server logs.

2. Add a timestamp parameter to the methods that retrieve charge, drive, and
server logs to only retrieve records with that timestamp or larger. In order
to retrieve new records, I have to download all records, which means 130K of
transfer when I really only need a tiny fraction of that.

   Tom