[Ovmsdev] Build environment

Olav A. Antonsen olav at ansit.no
Thu Jun 12 06:55:23 HKT 2014

The document

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/blob/master/d
ocs/OVMS_Development.pdf

helps a lot when it comes to setting up the dev environment. I set up the
environment on windows 8, but it seems like everyone else is using linux to
build the firmware.

I was able to build the hex file (on win 8), but I haven't been able to test
the file yet because I'm still waiting for my unit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12327518/OVMS.X.production.hex

Is anyone else using win 8 to build the firmware?

On the project in MPLAB it's possible to choose between different
configurations

1)V1_Production
2)V2_Experimental
3)V2_Production
4)V2_TR_Production
5)V2_RT_Production

The development documentation tells the user to select "V2_Experimental".
What is the purpose of configuration 4 and 5?

--Olav