[Ovmsdev] changing android app server IP

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Fri Jun 27 11:38:43 HKT 2014

On iOS, the App settings is buried in the System Settings app, a terrible
UI design. Finally, with iOS 8, there will be a way for apps to send you
straight to the app settings. But for now...

Open the Setting app, then scroll down to the bottom to find a list of
apps that use the built-in settings mechanism. You'll find an item for
"Open Vehicle". In there you'll find the configuration for your OVMS
account, including the server IP address.

That's also where you can turn the Open Charge Map stuff on/off and where
you can override the module's choice for distance and temperature units.

Arguably the server account should be per-vehicle but I'm guessing the
thought was that anyone who has multiple OVMS vehicles will have them all
on the same server and making that app-wide means you only have to enter
username, password and server IP once.

Of course none of this is any help for figuring out how to do it on
Android...

   Tom