[Ovmsdev] Twizy feature ideas

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Jun 9 05:52:52 HKT 2014

Nikolay,

I don't need CORS for the auth, that's already working without.

I would need CORS to automatically process the data. And I'd like to do
it with minimal changes to the existing API server.

My CORS research result was:

    maybe AnyEvent::HTTPD has some CORS support yet?

    If not, these are the headers:

    Access-Control-Allow-Methods "POST, GET, PUT, OPTIONS, PATCH, DELETE"

    Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*$ORIGIN*"

    Access-Control-Allow-Credentials "true"

    Access-Control-Allow-Headers "X-Accept-Charset,X-Accept,Content-Type"

    ...static values except for the "ORIGIN" variable, which needs to
    echo back the "Origin:" header from the request. I'm not familiar
    with AnyEvent::HTTPD, maybe something like

    $req->header('Origin')

    There's a bit more to do: method OPTIONS also needs to be supported
    for "preflight requests" (access control negotiation), see
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Access_control_CORS for
    detailed request/response examples.

    I suppose that will need a separate handler function, but one for
    the /api root should be sufficient.

Btw, methods "PUT", "PATCH" + "DELETE" can be omitted I think.

But if you'd like to build a Node.js based solution, go ahead, sounds
cool :-)