[Ovmsdev] Tesla Ideal vs Rated Range

Paul Churchley paul at churchley.org
Wed Jan 29 15:17:48 HKT 2014

Thanks for that Tom,

I am wondering how best to apply that to the Ampera... indeed, to other
cars?

I have made the assumption that the ideal range was the range likely
achievable under ideal conditions. i.e. the max range you would expect to
get.

Should we be changing the names, and indeed the purpose altogether, for
these two values? Also, EPA does not really apply in other parts of the
world where they might have their own range rating system.

I would prefer to see a more generic range estimation protocol that can be
applied across all models and that is user adjustable perhaps through
parameters?

Any thoughts?