[Ovmsdev] Ford Focus Electric

HONDA S-2000 s2000 at sounds.wa.com
Thu Feb 6 05:47:38 HKT 2014

On Feb 3, 2014, at 14:53, Tom Saxton wrote:
> I'd like to capture the CAN traffic while reading the values for
> analysis
> later. What's the cheapest way to get data out of the CAN bus?

I purchased the OVMS (v2) with the intent of writing custom firmware
that would log CAN traffic. I assumed that I'd need compression,
pattern-matching to log only a subset of the data, or some other port
to which I could stream the data (DIAG or USB). However, I never did
get around to writing any new firmware. I know the memory is limited,
but I hold on to some hope that intelligent filtering, or even just a
histogram, could provide useful data. In fact, perhaps an initial
phase of gathering histogram data, followed by targeted logging,
would prove useful - assuming easier options aren't already
available. Has anyone worked on custom OVMS v2 firmware for something
like this?

I'm looking forward to the OVMS CAN-USB, but I suppose that won't
arrive soon enough for your project, Tom.

Brian