[Ovmsdev] OVMS prevents manual charging, even from smartphone app

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Feb 4 08:09:12 HKT 2014

Bennett,

I committed some code over the (long chinese new year) weekend to try to handle this. Problem is that there are some edge cases where the behaviour may be unexpected.

For example:

If charge has been completed, and you start a charge remotely, what should we do? Charge to full or charge to whatever ACC tells us?
If we are waiting for a schedule charge, and you start a charge remotely, what should we do? Same issue - full or ACC?

At the moment, I've got it coded as:

If you start a charge while waiting for a scheduled charge, it treats it as a 'start now', but retains the ACC control (limits).
If you start a charge when ACC has done its thing, it treats it as a 'I know what I am doing, back-off ACC' and charges to full.

While I was at it, I also implemented a few other nice features:

I fixed the ESS < 0celcius bug (signed char not the same as signed int, in a cast)
I added a RADIUS parameter to ACC. You can now specify 'RADIUS xxx' (in feet if the car is Imperial, or metres if the car is Metric - just using 3 feet = 1 metre). The default is still 100metres, but you can now tune this on a per-ACC-location basis. P.S. Take care - GPS jumps around and is probably only accurate to 10 or 20 metres in most open air cases (less if view to the sky is obstructed). You can probably get away with small ACC radiuses for HOMELINK activation, but for charging I would leave it reasonably high. The algorithm to find an ACC location will find the _first_ matching location (by acc location number).

Regards, Mark.