[Ovmsdev] EMC / CE certificate + Fasttech SimpleConsole?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Feb 18 20:11:03 HKT 2014

Well, there are just 5 pre-orders from germany up
to now, so I'm not that sure we'll even reach the
minimum quantity.

Anyway, my thought for the product requirements:

- It doesn't need to be waterproof -- on an open
Twizy it should be put in the glove box while
parking anyway, because of vandalism. Even if you
leave it mounted, it will only get some rain drops
from real bad weather.

- The case should be small enough to mount it
anywhere using velcro tape.

- The buttons should be large enough and provide
good feedback for usage with gloves.

- The LEDs should IMO be colour coded as in my
example build -- but that's maybe my personal
taste. Anyway they should be bright and large
enough to be visible in normal daylight.

- I secure the cable by fixing it with the case
covers, but that's really something not suitable
for a professional version. A standard (round)
cable would also be better than a flat one.

--
Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal