[Ovmsdev] EMC / CE certificate + Fasttech SimpleConsole?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Feb 17 19:56:18 HKT 2014

Hi everyone,

the SimpleConsole stirrs up a lot of new requests
and interest over here.

Most german users though would like to buy a
pre-configured ready-to-use OVMS package for the
Twizy (I suppose it's similar for other vehicles
and countries).

Unfortunately reselling the OVMS is not legal in
the EU, because the hardware lacks the CE / EMC
(electromagnetic conformity) certificate.

I am happy with the OVMS staying an explicit
hobbyist project, but a CE / EMC certificate would
at least make it possible to sell an OVMS package
if the user explicitly accepts that there are no
warranties.

Is there any chance this could happen? A german
hardware developer took the OVMS (V2) to his EMC
laboratory, with (his words) disastreous results
-- he literally blasted the PIC with some required
EM pulse test...

Also, a professional SimpleConsole build from
Fasttech would be really cool and helpful. What is
required for this?

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal