[Ovmsdev] Ford Focus Electric

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Tue Feb 4 06:53:00 HKT 2014

I've got a line on a scan gauge for a Ford Focus Electric and a vehicle I
can plug it into. I should be able to read some interesting values: SOC as
XY.Z%, energy to empty (kWh), battery average volts, battery average
temperature, accessory battery volts, odometer, average battery charger
input power (kW), charge time remaining.

I'd like to capture the CAN traffic while reading the values for analysis
later. What's the cheapest way to get data out of the CAN bus? Would this
work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FEGP7I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&p
sc=1

Any suggestions on where to source an OBDII Y cable?

   Tom