[Ovmsdev] OvmsDev Digest, Vol 30, Issue 12

Aatheus virtualhermit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:46:30 HKT 2014

On 07/26/2014 08:22 AM, ovmsdev-request at lists.teslaclub.hk wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 09:30:47 +0200
> From: Michael Balzer <dexter at expeedo.de>
> Subject: Re: [Ovmsdev] OVMS v2 startup weirdness
> To: ovmsdev at lists.teslaclub.hk
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> there's a really good trouble shooting guide on the OVMS website:
>
> http://www.openvehicles.com/helpme
>
> Also, serial port params are 9600 8N1, no handshake -- see OVMS
> development PDF for more.

> Am 26.07.2014 08:39, schrieb Aatheus:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I just got my OVMS v2 module, with GeoSIM. I registered the SIM online,
>> then tried to putting it into the OVMS SIM socket. I provisioned the
>> module via the SMS  provisioning page (using the +44 number). However,
>> the board seems to be looping while trying to start up.
>>
>> The board blinks its version OK (2.6.5), then starts trying to connect.
>> I see 10 green blinks for a few iterations. Then the board blinks 6
>> green for about a minute. Then both lights come on solid for about 15-20
>> seconds. Then a pause, then six blinks. Repeat until the end of time.
>> This 6 blinks for a minute, solid on for 15-20 seconds, then 6 blinks
>> loop never ends.
>>
>> What could be going on? I tried connecting to the diag port via serial
>> (115k 8n1 none) and am getting nothing. I tried with hardware flow
>> control on as well. Still nothing. I tried reflashing the board via
>> PICkit2 and redoing the provisioning. Still no good.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -Jeff

Mark,

Thank you for the info. Can the serial port parameters get added to the
helpme page? The info is not findable anywhere on the page. I did find
it in the development PDF, but it was hard to find!

I managed to get serial access to the OVMS board, and it looks like the
data call is repeatedly failing. I verified that my GeoSIM card has $15
balance on it. Is my SIM card screwed up? I activated the SIM on the
GeoSIM site, and I think it's set up ok.

RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

+PACSP: 1

+CREG: 0

+CREG: 2

Call Ready

GPS Ready
AT

OK
AT+CGPSPWR=1;+CGPSRST=0;+CSMINS?

+CSMINS: 0,1

OK
AT+CCID;+CPBF="O-";+CPIN?

(SERIAL OBSCURED)

+CPIN: READY

OK
AT+IPR?;+CREG=1;+CLIP=1;+CMGF=1;+CNMI=2,2;+CSDH=1;+CIPSPRT=0;+CIPQSEND=1;+CLTS=1;E0

+IPR: 9600

OK

ERROR

+CREG: 3