[Ovmsdev] OVMS provisioning not working to US?

Aatheus virtualhermit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:08:12 HKT 2014

I am exciting. I have gotten the OVMS server up and running on my
personal box, and the OVMS v2 module is actively logging data to it! I
am able to pull data from the Android app, and it's (mostly) correct.
Very exciting when it works at last! I would love to contribute some
messages from my 2014 LEAF's CAN bus to help with getting the SoC
display working and other controls working.

Which brings me to my question. Is the provisioning server at
http://www.openvehicles.com/user restricted to EU numbers only? I tried
my +1408xxxyyyy and my 1408xxxyyyy numbers, and even after 24 hours, no
SMS messages were ever delivered. I ended up having to manually input
the server IP, shared secret, APN and other info over serial connection.
I even tried sending messages to my cell phone #, and also no SMS even
after 24 hours. Very odd.

Thanks,
-Jeff Orr