[Ovmsdev] Hello, & Nissan Leaf support

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Apr 28 14:09:15 HKT 2014

Nikki,

The car bus has the car stuff on it (speed, gear, etc). The ev stuff has the battery, pem, etc, on it (voltages, etc). They are bridged by one of the controllers sitting on both the buses, so we can poll the EV bus from the car bus, and vice versa.

The community documentation is lousy, but the PIDs and various bus messages are now fairly well known. The LeafSpy and active-polling threads work certainly contain enough information for OVMS to work on the Leaf (at least for basic monitoring). Jury is out on whether we will be able to do stuff like lock/unlock and preheat from the car or ev buses.

Regards, Mark.