[Ovmsdev] Hello, & Nissan Leaf support

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Apr 28 12:54:03 HKT 2014

Nigel,

Welcome aboard.

We are currently _desperate_ for a Nissan Leaf developer. I can help, but I don't have the car and trial-and-error without that is proving impossible. The alternative (building a simulator) is possible (and I've done some work towards it), but just not enough free hours in the day.

The current nissan leaf support module in OVMS is based on listening for data from the bus. We have recently built a polling-model into the vehicle.{h,c} base functionality, that could be simply extended for the Leaf's slightly unique OBDII PID polling style. I think that is the best approach long-term, as it allows us to poll both the car and EV can buses.

Regards, Mark.