[Ovmsdev] CAN bus noise?

Matt Beard matt at beard.tv
Mon Sep 23 16:12:59 HKT 2013

I am concerned that the OVMS v2 may be adding noise to the CAN bus, or
causing problems in some other way (I know very little of CAN hardware, so
can't really speculate much).

I have heard other people mention CAN errors when OVMS is connected and
yesterday I made my first trip with the unit connected to my C-Zero. During
this trip the traction control failed - something it has never done before.
The problem went away when the car was turned off and on again, but it
seems too much of a coincidence for this to be unrelated.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Matt Beard