[Ovmsdev] OVMS CAN-USB Call for Assistance

Mastro Gippo gipmad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 18:32:35 HKT 2013

2013/9/10 Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net>

> That is a neat idea, and I've seen some battery-backup circuits work this
> way.

Thank you. As a bonus, this will also prevent polarity inversion.

> The circuit comes down to 1xLP2992 for 3.3V power, 2xSN65HVD235 for CAN,
> 1xMCU(3.3V), DB9 & USB connectors, ICSP pins (for emergency), expansion
> pins (arranged for optional bluetooth module), and a few passives. That is
> neat.

I'm a bit paranoid, so I would add a TVS diode and a fuse, and two ferrite
filters on the supply input, but none of them are strictly necessary...

> Now, what would be truly amazing is if we could fit an SD-CARD in this,

I was going to ask that too, but since the goal was to reduce the costs, I
just asked for the expansion headers! :)

Anything else?

I still prefer the ARM over the PIC, especially if you are going for the SD
car slot! :) MBED FAT libraries are awesome.

SDFileSystem sd(p5, p6, p7, p8, "sd");
int main() {
    FILE *fp = fopen("/sd/sdtest.txt", "w");
    fprintf(fp, "12345678");
    fclose(fp);
}

Regards