[Ovmsdev] Hardware hacking OVMS v2 for fun and profit

Håkon Markussen hakon.markussen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 20:49:14 HKT 2013

Hi all,

I see there is currently some HW discussion ongoing, so I'm picking up this
post again:

I want to implement the doorlock control for Think City
(vehicle_thinkcity.c) to the app.

The problem is that the module controlling the door locks (General Electric
Module from Ford, part 17ST-15K600-KB) uses K-line only.
I think the door lock switch can be triggered (K-line style) with request
22 A1 45  which returns 62 A1 45 40 for lock or 62 A1 45 80 for unlock.
I have tried to address via other ECU's which also talk k-line, but with no
success.

The GEM lock switch can be triggered by applying a gnd-pulse to the
lock/unlock switch input. The pin voltage measure about 3,5V when no gnd is
applied.

My current idea for solution is using RB4 and RB5 on the OVMS 9x2, connect
it to the GEM unlock switch and GEM lock switch.
The question is:
  1) Do I need a transceiver between the Ovms-module (RB4/RB5) and the
GEM-module (unlock/lock switch) for protection? If yes, any suggestions of
type/device?

  2)  Are there anybody with the knowledge (and time) to re-write the
utility.c/utility.h so the vehicle specific files can utilize the extra
pins (RB4/RB5 for my case)?

  3) Anybody with a better solution?

Best regards
Håkon Markussen