[Ovmsdev] What does 0x42 code mean?

Håkon Markussen hakon.markussen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 18:05:40 HKT 2013

Hi Nikolay,

I've seen this behavior (0x42) a couple of times, usually the first time
after registering the module, the GPRS states somethinh like '+ATCHIPSHUT'
and then 0x42

In net.h I find
#define NET_STATE_NETINITCP  0x42  // Short pause during GPRS TCP reconnect
I assume the 0x42 occurs if the GPRS-attach is unsuccessful and the module
goes for a retry.

When powering up the module I usually get the following led sequnce:
Green led 9x - 9x - 9x -> red+green led 1 long -> green led 6x - 5x - 2x-
1x

With one of my early Think City-fw builds (on 2.5.1) the module always
initialized with green led 6x - 6x - 6x - 4x -1x (no red led)

All is OK if the green flashes 1x only (then GSM and GPRS is OK).

Can you try your Tele2-SIM in a phone or a computer, to verify you can make
GPRS-attach?
Are you sure Tele2 has the sufficient coverage at the location you are
testing? (make sure the antenna connector is applied correct)

/Håkon