[Ovmsdev] 12V battery alerts

Rolf Welde Skeie rwskeie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 16:52:24 HKT 2013

Somehow I feel a few fingers pointing my way.. :)
I can have a go, but do not have time until sometime next week.

The algorithm I envision goes something like this:

cold_lim = 10; // celcius that is..
batt_diff = 2; // max difference between charged and non-charged
batt_definitely_low = 12;  // definite low level limit
volts_per_degree = 0.05;

// add cold weather component
if (env_temp < cold_lim) {
   batt_diff += (cold_lim - env_temp)*volts_per_degree;
}

if ((batt_now < batt_definitely_low) || ((batt_charged - batt_now) >
batt_diff))) {
   alarm_low();
} else {
   alarm_cleared();
}

Any thoughts?

Actually we should probably look at the server logs and create some
statistics to measured correlated 'batt_now' and 'env_temp' to properly
calibrate 'volts_per_degree'. Also look at peak highs and lows to see
how the batteries out there are performing :)

Regards
   Rolf