[Ovmsdev] USSD

Håkon Markussen hakon.markussen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 14:50:05 HKT 2013

Hi,

To my knowledge the usage of USSD signalling requires a gateway - one
gateway per mobile operator/network.

The gateway's task is relaying the USSD-codes from the mobile phone to the
receiving remote server.

I'm not sure If all mobile operators in the world provide such service.

To my knowledge the mobile operators in Norway use USSD inbound only;
signalling to ValueAddedServices like (prepay, voicemail).

I have not heard that any USSD-gateways are available for external
customers, and if it exists, I'm sure there is a cost of using.

However the M2M-marked is growing, and I think USSD is a good candidate for
fast transfer of small amounts of data.

I'm trying to check this a little more and will keep you posted, but I
think this is something you need to evaluate.

Br.
Håkon