[Ovmsdev] ODBII Error Code Resetting/Retrieval?

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Oct 22 09:59:47 HKT 2013

Nikki,

Some time ago, we added support to the virtual vehicle model to allow trouble codes to be sent back to the server+apps, and for the server to be able to reformat the trouble codes (per vehicle type) with a textual message (as there is not enough room for a textual mapping in the vehicle firmware, and doing it in the cloud allows us to add more mappings without having to update vehicle firmware).

The Tesla Roadster car module supports this, and can send alerts through to the cellphone.

It could be done in other vehicle modules, but is vehicle specific.

Regards, Mark.