[Ovmsdev] Spewing Vehicle Alerts

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Wed May 15 00:42:46 HKT 2013

I took our Roadster in for service yesterday, and this morning I noticed
that it's sending the same vehicle alert repeatedly at an alarming rate,
like once a second.

Vehicle Alert Code: TR1N/29 (00000000)

I tried calling the store to ask them to unplug the OVMS, but they weren't
answering the phone (it was before they were officially open).

I then tried to turn off GPRS to get it to stop spewing. I sent a PARAMS
command to only allow SMS, but that didn't work. Thinking that it might need
to reboot to get the command to stick, I sent a RESET command, which did the
trick. I see there's code to call vehicle_initialise() after handling a
PARAMS command, so I'm a little surprised the RESET was needed.

Then I remembered that version 2.3.2 mentioned a way to turn off vehicle
alerts. From the release notes:

## Add facility to suppress vehicle alerts via carbits feature +16

But Mark's email from April 16th says: