[Ovmsdev] OVMS Android localization

Kevin Sharpe ZCW kevin.sharpe at zerocarbonworld.org
Thu May 9 02:53:54 HKT 2013

Hi Mark,

Lots of volunteers came forward on twitter... did you see the tweets?

Regards,

Kevin

On 8 May 2013, at 16:31, "Mark Webb-Johnson" <mark at webb-johnson.net<mailto:mark at webb-johnson.net>> wrote:

Denis,

I did a quick review, and the strings seem to be correctly put in the resource file. I don't see any hard-coded.

Attached is the strings.xml. I hope it is self-explanatory. Only about 120 to translate.

If others can step forward for German, Norwegian and Dutch, that would be helpful. Please let us know you 'grab it', here, to avoid duplication of effort.

Regards, Mark.

P.S. Description of the Android localisation process is here: http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html

P.P.S. I look forward to seeing the translations for the first string "<string name="app_name">Open Vehicle</string>" :-)

<strings.xml>