[Ovmsdev] [Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System] Driven km and Charge done message (#105)

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed May 8 01:56:09 HKT 2013

Mark,

maybe I don't get the point: isn't that the way it's working already? I.e.

       net_req_notification(NET_NOTIFY_CHARGE);

sets the bit, the net module polls the bitmap and sends the message by
SMS and/or NET as configured.

Do you mean to split the common NET_NOTIFY_CHARGE bit into it's separate
types?

If so, what is the benefit of doing this in the vehicle module? An SMS
user will need all messages, so why not put the NET config into the App?

Am 06.05.2013 05:13, schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson:
> Michael(s),
>
> Is it better to move this notification stuff out of the vehicle
> modules into one single separate module? Then, we can have user
> controlled settings to control what is alerted, in one single central
> place.
>
> I'm thinking of just a couple of global bitmaps. When an event happens
> (charge interrupted, charge stopped, charge started, etc), the vehicle
> module just sets the appropriate bitmap.
>
> The central module polls those bitmaps, and if any are set it alerts
> (as configured) and then clears the bitmap. It can also trigger
> notifications elsewhere in the firmware (for example for the advanced
> charge control I'm working on).
>
> Nice thing about this is that we can migrate to it vehicle module by
> vehicle module.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards, Mark.
>
> On 5 May, 2013, at 5:58 PM, Michael Jochum wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i implement the "charge complete" message, cause at work i have some
>> probs with the voltage. I must reduce the current to 14,5A to get the
>> charge done.
>> But sometimes i got an error too. Second is that i got a reminder
>> that my car is full and i can release the cord so an other car can
>> charge.
>> I think a "switch" is a good idea. So the user can got the messages
>> he want.
>>
>> Now we have a other part to think about:
>> We can set the Volt/Ampera to start the charge based on departure
>> time. But now the OVMS sends every 28 MInutes a message "not
>> charging" until charge starts. I know that this is a problem since we
>> don't have the right CAN ID. I'm still looking for.
>> Do you think we can stop sending this messages without having the ID?
>>
>> Bye
>> Michael J.
>>

>> Am 03.05.2013 um 12:53 schrieb Michael Balzer <dexter at expeedo.de
>> <mailto:dexter at expeedo.de>>:
>>
>>> Mark, Michael,
>>>
>>> for the Twizy I've been sending alerts on charge completion from the
>>> beginning. That's my preference, but I also received no complaints