[Ovmsdev] OVMS Android localization

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat May 4 21:27:33 HKT 2013

Here are some stats, from the Android app (google play store version), based on Active installs (trying to remove the install-once-to-see-what-it-is crowd):

YOUR APP

English (United States)

42.50%

English (United Kingdom)

8.75%

German (Germany)

8.33%

Norwegian (Norway)

6.67%

Dutch (Netherlands)

5.00%

French (France)

3.75%

German (Switzerland)

2.92%

Spanish (Spain)

2.50%

English (Canada)

1.67%
Others

17.92%

YOUR APP

United States

37.08%

Germany

8.33%

Norway

7.92%

Netherlands

5.00%

Switzerland

4.58%

Canada

4.17%

India

2.50%

Spain

2.08%

United Kingdom

2.08%
Others

26.25%

Pretty much matches what I thought - the Tesla Roadster, plus dutch Twizzy populations :-).

I guess most of the swiss users are German speaking?

I'm happy to look at translations for the top languages - English, German, Norwegian, Dutch and French.

Probably a dumb question, but: Would those be useful for people? Is it good to have it appear in your own language, or do you prefer the english version?

If it is useful, can we get some people to step forward to do the translations? One for each language. From my understanding, we produce a list of all the strings in the application, and you just have to translate it to a local language equivalent.

Regards, Mark.