[Ovmsdev] Crashes with streaming mode

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed May 1 18:18:57 HKT 2013

Mark,

I also see the current modem communication layer as a problem source.
The read buffer only takes 128 bytes, which will not be sufficient for
many situations -- e.g. a GPS response now needs already two NMEA
sentences adding up to about 108 bytes -- come in another modem answer
before the buffer gets handled, and bang we go...

The multiplex mode is quite interesting, didn't know this before --
although a really fully asynchronous modem comm handling would not need
that, I think. But it would need more buffer RAM...

Hm... the SIM908 manual says: "In Multiplex mode, it is recommended to
use the hardware flow control."

As far as I understand the circuit schemes the current hardware does not
connect RTS/CTS (pins 66+67) -- right?