[Ovmsdev] Advanced Charge Control (ACC)

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Jun 1 19:11:56 HKT 2013

Not yet. Do you have a link? I have driven a model S, and seen some charge screenshots. It seemed even more basic than the roadster. Lots of complaints that even time delayed charging is missing, for TOU users.

I have seen that the latest firmware has charge% rather than standard/range mode. I like the concept, and what I'm suggesting is something similar. But, the real requirement for charge limit % comes from commuters with limit range requirements that want to keep their batteries in the Goldilocks zone.

Similar for cool down. I always thought it necessary for TOU users, but it is also useful for users in hot climates to cool down the battery even if they don't want/need to charge.

I've tried to take the feedback from OVMS users, to come up with these requirements. I think I've got everyone's input covered, but please let me know if you can see anything missing.

Regards, Mark