[Ovmsdev] Power usage / sleep mode

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Jan 29 05:05:14 HKT 2013

Done :-)

Also, as the Twizy (and I suppose other cars as well) charges the 12V
battery further on as long as it's plugged in, I now use the plug in
status (car_linevoltage + car_chargecurrent) to detect a 12V charge status.

After plug-out, the OVMS waits for 10 minutes (time for the 12V battery
to calm down) until taking the new ref voltage. That will still be a bit
above the nominal voltage, but the span should be short enough to allow
for taking a new ref even if taking the car for the next drive soon
after charging.

I hope this will work on other cars as well without change/config, but
it will now need the car_linevoltage and car_chargecurrent reflecting
the actual plugin status. If a car cannot provide this info, we can
introduce a new vehicle hook for a function that checks for a valid
calibration time.