[Ovmsdev] v2.2.2

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Thu Jan 17 14:09:48 HKT 2013

That's all great. I've updated the firmware page to include a link to the
OVMS Vehicle Support page.

I notice that the vehicle support matrix says that Digital Speedo is "Yes"
on Roadster v1.x and "Not Yet" on 2.x. Shouldn't it be "No" for 1.x?

    Tom

on 1/16/13 9:53 PM, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Looks good.
>
> The V1 firmware (both experimental and production) only contains vehicle_none
> and vehicle_roadster.
> The V2 firmware (both experimental and production) contains all supported
> vehicles.
>
> So, no need to direct owners to particular builds. Note that in future we may
> need to split the V2 firmware into vehicle groups (eg; V2_production_group1,
> V2_production_group2, etc) if we run out of code space due to too many
> vehicles being supported - but that would be a good place to be at :-)
>
> For current level of vehicle support, you can refer to:
> http://www.openvehicles.com/vehiclesupport
>
> The difference between experimental and production is currently only that
> experimental includes the Tesla Roadster v2.x digital speedo code.
>
> Regards, Mark.
>
> P.S. I've removed those old firmware .hex files (VA_*, TR_*, RT_*, etc). I'm
> also going to .gitignore the vehicle/OVMS.x/dist tree entirely, to stop future
> confusion, and rely on manual copy to vehicle/firmware when we actually
> release.
>
> On 17 Jan, 2013, at 1:33 PM, Tom Saxton wrote:
>
>> Go it! The firmware update page is now updated with links straight to the
>> github files, with the note to Roadster owners as well as the link to the
>> release notes.
>>
>> Is Twizzy and Volt support built into the V2 hardware production build, or
>> just the experimental? I'm just wondering if I need to direct those owners
>> to one build or the other.
>>
>>    Tom
>>
>> on 1/16/13 7:53 PM, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Tom,
>>>
>>> For firmware v2.x builds, there are now just 4:
>>>
>>> V1_experimental.hex             V1 Hardware Module, experimental firmware
>>> V1_production.hex               V1 Hardware Module, production firmware
>>> V2_experimental.hex             V2 Hardware Module, experimental firmware