[Ovmsdev] v2.2.2

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Jan 17 09:22:21 HKT 2013

I've been running v2.2.2 in my car for a week now, and I've gotta say that this seems to be the most stable OVMS firmware I've seen to date. My car's connection to the server has been rock-solid (only one GPRS re-connection due to poor cellular coverage), and zero module reboots. An average of about 10KB of cellular data a day (an all-time low).

I'd like to give a big public thanks to Michael Balzer for all his hard work on this (and the v2 framework in general). His DebugCrash diagnostics, and re-working of the sprintf calls to his own library routines, seems to have nailed those strange random module reboots we were seeing. Thanks, Michael - most appreciated.

Rollout of this version has been slow. On the TMC server, today, there are just 6 cars running v2.x code. I really would like to encourage people to upgrade to this version, to let us get more data on it - you'll hopefully also get the benefit of more stability, lower cellular data usage, and a few bugs have been fixed since v1.5.1.

Regards, Mark.