[Ovmsdev] Power usage / sleep mode

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Jan 29 23:45:54 HKT 2013

Mark,

I completely misunderstood bit 3 "pilot present" as a driver detection
(seat pressure), good you explained that now :-)

I may have been unclear. I tried to use bit 4 before, but the 12V
battery charge process is decoupled from the main battery charge
process. That's for the Twizy, of course, but I suppose that's on other
cars as well, as it seems to make sense to charge the 12V battery
independantly.

I first thought about extending the doors flags to introduce a separate
"12V charging" flag, but then thought the combination car_linevoltage +
car_chargecurrent normally implies this.

But "pilot signal present" is also not quite the same as "charging 12V"...

So, would you still say we can generally use bit 3 for this, or shall I
rather introduce a new vehicle hook, as this needs to be vehicle dependant?

Thanks,
Michael