[Ovmsdev] Power usage / sleep mode

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Jan 18 22:47:39 HKT 2013

Mark, List,

yesterday my Twizy was temporarily dead... because of the OVMS power usage.

I had not driven for 5 days. The Twizy has a very small 12V battery with
only 14 Ah capacity, and it only gets charged while charging the Twizy
and while driving (from the main battery).

The OVMS with GPS activated needs a constant current of ~110 mA
according to my measurement, thus sucking that battery empty within 4-5
days, maybe fewer. I'll make the power warning much more prominent in
the Twizy user guide.

Have there been any considerations yet about using the sleep mode of the
PIC and/or SIM chipset?

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal