[Ovmsdev] OVMS Developers Document

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Jan 11 23:41:46 HKT 2013

Mark,

excellent! Should save quite some time for Nikolay and those to come. My
document can be removed from the repository, nothing left in there.

My part includes an sprintf() example... I now recommend replacing that
and also adding a "No sprintf()" section. I'm pretty sure we should
totally avoid using that function family from now on, I've had not a
single crash since removing the last sprintf() call. The section could
include a simple guide on the stp_*() functions.

Also, some guide and examples on using the framework network functions
would be good. E.g. how to send an SMS, a MSG, buffers & status
variables to use, size limits etc..

I think the raw document file format doesn't matter as long as
OpenOffice can at least read it and we provide PDFs.

Btw: from writing the Twizy user guide, I got the impression a common
setup/network configuration guide separated from the Tesla guide could
make sense. So we would have one common user guide plus the vehicle
specific guides. Some parts I included in the Twizy guide could also be
moved to the common guide, i.e. the "dry run" section.