[Ovmsdev] test works, what next

Nikolay Shishkov nshishkov at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 22:04:15 HKT 2013

Thanks to Michael, Mark and google the code now works.
I am fetching SOC, pack current, pack voltage, and pack average temperature.
So what next?
The current code is based on the Twizy, I have changed the implementation of the Debug command and am getting correct values... but I would like to have the STATE command work too, and I will implement a custom one too (based on the Twizy code) so it will report what I want it to report. There is for example no range.
How to go about with integrating server and android/iphone app?
In the simplest form I would like to have at least SOC, Temperature, Pack voltage, Pack current, a some kind of text or bit map for state (like charged, charging enabled, plugged, waiting temp) there are some more states, some additional parameters like PWM signal for charge power, and eventual errors and warnings - there is a warning "please charge to full soon" for example. These can also be bits or text.
From the Twizy code I can see how to handle this for the sms commands, and I see some ways of generating semicolon separated message to the server... but would that mean that the message will be later understood/presented by the apps?

I would also like to have the SOC notifications - low SOC, charge finished, charge stopped - I can also fix this the Twizy way.

Very exciting!
Thanks,
Nikolay